DATA ANALYSIS AND BUSINESS MODELING
WITH MS EXCEL – 3 DAYS
DATA ANALYSIS & BUSINESS MODELING WITH MS EXCEL – 3 DAY
To enable participants leverage advance Excel functionalities for data analysis, business problem solving, reporting, interpreting results and decision making.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
Managers and Executives (across industry verticals) in: Accounting, MIS, Production, Sales and Marketing, Procurement, Project managers, Business analysts who create reports, analyzes data, or use spreadsheets in their work and who need to take business decisions based on analysis of data.
Since this training focuses on analytical, reporting and business problem solving skills, it is especially useful to people who report to Managers and / or key decision makers.
Hands – on exercises in Excel 2010 / 2013 using learn-by-doing approach on real world (realistic) data files interspersed with brief lectures and brain storming sessions.
Participants shall be given:
- Over 100 MB of realistic data files,
- Comprehensive course material and
INDICATIVE COURSE CONTENT
module # 1
Data Import – Getting Data into Excel
DAY 1 – DURATION: 2.5 HRS.
Learn techniques of Data Import from varied sources like
- Text files (ASCII format, including .dat files),
- Web pages (including on-line connectivity to refresh data on real time basis),
- RDBMS like SQL Server, Tally database, etc.
- PDF files.
module # 2
Multi-Dimensional Analysis of data & reporting.
DAY 1 – DURATION: 3.5 HRS
Use Pivot tables to :
- Make pivots from data exceeding one million rows!!
- Slice & dice data with the help of slicers,
- Get the contribution of each customer as a percentage of total sales,
- Apply the Pareto’s (80-20) principal to identify high value transactions,
- Group sales by weeks, months, quarters, etc.,
- Get running totals (e.g. running balance of a bank account holder or a customer),
- Tabulate, cross-tabulate data,
- Quickly rearrange data items in row / column,
- Produce top 3 or top 10 reports.
module # 3
What- if Analysis
DAY 2 – DURATION: 3.5 HRS
Use Excel as a Decision Support System (DSS) to support semi-structured or un-structured decisions.
- Use Goal Seek to do reverse calculations.
- Use Scenario Manager to develop business models that consider impact of different scenarios on business.
- Use Data tables to do sensitivity analysis; to know how spreadsheet’s outputs vary in response to changes to the spreadsheet’s inputs.
module # 4
DAY 2 – DURATION: 2.5 HRS.
Use Solver to optimise your objective under multiple constraints. E.g. determine the best mix of hiring and scheduling manpower with an objective to minimise cost.
module # 5
DAY 3 – DURATION: 2 HRS.
Use Excels Trend Curve, Regression (including multiple regressions) and related Excel functions, Exponential Function, Learning Curve to forecast monthly operating costs, company’s revenue or cost per unit over a period of time.
module # 6
DAY 3 – DURATION: 2.5 HRS.
Use Bar graphs, Pie charts, Scatter charts and combination charts to instantly turn outine, dry data into thought provoking, stimulating and actionable information. Also learn the secret technique to design a speedometer or the gauge chart.
module # 7
DAY 3 – DURATION: 1.5 HRS.
- Estimating the demand curve.
- Learn the two most commonly used forms for estimating demand curves.
- Linear demand curve where the elasticity is constantly changing and Power Demand Curve
where the price elasticity of demand always equals.
Estimating the demand curve, a manager shall better be able to price the product.
ADDITIONAL / OPTIONAL MODULES
AOM1 – Macros – a definitive guide
DURATION: 3 HRS.
Learn ALL that is required to automate routine tasks in Excel:
- Introduction to Macros,
- Recording Macros,
- Editing recorded Macros,
- Creating functions,
- Creating macros to automate routine tasks,
- Creating Macros that use data ranges which may vary in size,
- Finding free Macro codes, editing them & adapting to your requirement.
AOM2 – MS Excel Top 51 – Tips & Tricks
DURATION: 3 HRS.
This module is a compilation of such questions the answers to which every Excel businessuser is keenly interested to know. To these have been added lesser know, but extremelypowerful, ‘secrets’ of Excel. The result is a listing that is titled “Top Excel Tips and Tricks”.Knowing these ‘Top Excel Tips and Tricks’ would help participant save tens of hours every month.
The tips are carefully categorized and grouped under heads like:
- Data entry and Data Validation,
- Navigation & Selection,
- Insert, Format and Copy paste,
- Creating Custom Lists,
- Filling multiple ranges (including non-adjacent ranges),
- Working with Range Names,
- Cell Comments,
- Conditional Formatting,
- Protecting your worksheet (including accessing data from protected worksheets!!),
- Use the Function Wizard, Common functions (AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT, COUNTA, ROUND, INT),
- Relative, Absolute, Mixed cell references : >,<,= operators,
- Logical functions using IF, AND, OR, NOT including nesting and combinations thereof,
- The LOOKUP function , Date and time functions ,
- INDEX and MATCH functions,
- Auto Filters and Advanced Filters.
We are committed to your success; It is our policy that every organization / individual who has ever been trained at one of our training programs is entitled to a FREE life-time email support for ideas / trouble shooting on implementing Excel for data analytics.
NO Conditions apply!!